At Starks Field primary school we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all of our children. We provide an inclusive and progressive PE curriculum throughout the school and offer a range of extra-curricular opportunities for children of all ages. Our Primary School Sports premium will enable us to continue and extend our provision in line with The Department for Education’s vision.
The Department for Education Vision: ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Please open the document below to see how we plan to spend our PE and Sport Premium at Starks Field for the academic year 2017-2018:
Click here for details of PE and Sports Premium 17-18
Click here for details of PE and Sports Premium 16-17
Click here for details of PE and Sports Premium 15-16