CONFIRMATION OF SAFEGUARDING CHECKS ON STAFF/WORKERS:
Starks Field Primary School ensures that all relevant pre-employment checks are carried out on employees and workers engaged directly. All staff are required to sign an annual declaration to confirm that there has been no change to their criminal record and that they are not disqualified under the Childcare Disqualification Regulations.
PROTOCOL FOR VISITORS TO THE SCHOOL:
We welcome all visitors to the school. You are asked to read and abide by the following protocol at all times during your visit. This is to protect both you and the children and to ensure that your visit to the school runs as smoothly as possible. We ask that you:
- Pre-arrange your visit to the school, wherever possible
- Report to reception on arrival
- Follow any parking instructions you may be given and then ensure that your vehicle is locked and that it is kept locked at all times while not in use. If you need to use or move the vehicle during your visit, drive with extra caution while on the premises. Let the office know your vehicle registration number.
- Once at the main reception, explain the purpose of your visit and state who you have come to see. You will be asked to produce formal photographic identification.
- You will be asked to sign in (an out) on the electronic visitor management system, which includes a photograph being taken of you
- A visitor's badge will be issued to you and you should ensure that you wear it, displayed prominently, at all times
- You will be asked to wait in the reception area until you are met by an appropriate member of staff to be escorted to your destination
- Unless it is a legitimate part of your visit to the school, if you find yourself alone with pupils/children you should report to a member of staff or reception
- Do not wander around the school unnecessarily and always follow instructions for moving from one area to another should you need to do so
- Ensure that your mobile phone is kept on your person at all times and is switched off; you are also asked to ensure that neither your phone nor any other equipment you may have with you can be accessed by pupils. No mobile phone should be used in or around the school.
- Always use appropriate language and behaviour with children and adults
- Do not smoke or vape on the school premises - smoking is not allowed
- Ensure that you read and/or follow any other protocols or policies that may be given to you, or drawn to your attention, by the school, for example in relation to child protection/safeguarding and health and safety
- Ensure that you are aware who you should refer to within the school if you have any concerns
- On departing the school, you will be asked to leave via reception, sign out and return your visitor badge and be seen to leave the premises.